Friday, August 13, 2010

Things That Drive Me Wild

Face it we all have a taste for something that not many others would understand. Certain things that are just mmmmm...Homemade bread; anything with pistachios or macadamias, nearly all things chocolate, junky cereals...and some definite junk food fetishes. I love Yoo Hoo's and Moon Pies and I'm from southern California - and I love Nutella. Right now I am on a Nutella kick - on homemade bread, baguettes, bananas, ice cream, strawberries, straight from the jar. This was not something I grew up on, I never had it until I was at least in my 30's and it was sort of an acquired taste, not too sure what to think at first. Once I tried a knock off brand and knew right away it wasn't the same - went back to the original and never once looked back. There is always an emotional tie to the foods we love - a certain loyalty. It's funny if I hear the song to an old t.v. sitcom the music will often remind me of a taste or a smell from home growing up; Sunday dinner, a roast in the oven, a cake baking, chutney slow cooking on the stove. Sometimes you just have to eat and linger...

1 comment:

  1. Well,another thing we have in common.
    Macadamia Nuts and Nutella.
    Nutella is just lovely.
    Also,a bit sinful.
    I love creating with it( I have made a Nutella Frosting that would make you weep with joy!)
    But,most of all I love sneaking to the cupboard with a spoon and snitching some.
    Like you,I never had it till a few years ago,but,theres no going back now!

    ReplyDelete