Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Last night I made Stuffed Chicken Breasts. They were very easy and looked amazing! It actually looked like a restaurant plate when it was done...I was impressed with myself, to say the least and I think they were very much appreciated.

Saute spinach in a little olive oil and garlic until it is just tender.
Saute thinly sliced red onion and mushrooms until they are just tender then add just a few dashes of balsamic vinegar and some freshly cracked pepper.
I took 2 large chicken breasts and sliced them lengthwise, these were so large that I cut them down the middle, also.
Have on hand about 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
Also, have on hand some ricotta cheese - about half a cup- mixed with garlic and freshly chopped parsley.
Open the chicken breasts and fill with about a tablespoon of the ricotta and then the spinach mixture. Fill them so that they will close just enough to see the filling inside.

Prepare a hot skillet that can be placed in an oven. Brown the chicken breasts and then put into the oven for about 15 minutes.

I had cooked some penne pasta - half a pound and tossed it with a bit of butter and marinara sauce. Pour this into a pyrex dish. Place the chicken on top. Spoon a big heap of the onion and mushroom mixture over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan and a few dabs of butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with garlic bread. This is an amazing dish...I am sorry I did not get a picture, just happened too fast this time. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm,sounds yummy!
    In the spring I make something similer to this with fresh asparagas.

    ReplyDelete