Saturday, March 19, 2011

Buying In Season and Local

Quite often this is a luxury. I love to go to the local farmer’s market, but for most of my life I have just gone to my neighborhood grocery store. I buy what’s on sale. Being from California it’s difficult to know just what is in season because the growing season is non-stop there. Now, living in Idaho, I do exactly the same thing. Summer is different, there is a wonderful farmer’s market here, but it is still very expensive and only runs from June to October. I have always lived on a budget, the more I can stretch my dollars the wiser and more self-reliant I feel. The market always has locally grown produce, in season, at great prices. Following a budget I can be proud of, if only to myself, and maintaining good eating habits is what I am concerned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment