Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stop! and Eat

Stop everything and eat! Stop the car. Stop working. Stop the t.v.  Turn off the computer. Stop texting. Never, ever, eat standing up. Don’t answer your phone. Honor this ritual. Savor your food; really taste it. Do not attempt to just get it over with, enjoy your food, honor your meal time.
This is a hard one, I know, I've been working on it. My thoughts usually go around, what do I do with myself? What will we talk about? How long does mealtime have to last? I have found that I can hear myself think now and look forward to that time. There is always something interesting going on in another person's life and yours to fit conversation in between bites. Mealtime usually lasts about twenty minutes, not too long. Flag that time to do nothing but eat. Mealtime should be a ritual, uninterrupted time during your day to savor your food. As much as the food is needed to replenish and nourish our bodies, our souls need revitalizing and by sitting down to a meal we accomplish that need. Stop and enjoy your food; savor every last bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment