Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Keep Moving Forward

Have you got to the point yet where you are able to drive past a fast food place and not crave it?Do you truly believe that you and your home kitchen make your best meals and nourish your soul?

I know it takes time. I've been doing this for 15 months now and I will tirelessly tell people that eating home cooked meals made with whole ingredients and bare hands is the best thing for us. I like to see food for what it is and blend things together myself, see the ingredients for what they are; a whole fruit or vegetable, grains; meat in pieces that I can identify.

Start. It's that simple. Take a day or two a week - make a point of looking ahead. Think of the image of the meal on the table, how it will make your house smell and fill your senses and get your juices flowing. Eventually you can take steps to move ahead to make home cooked meals a way of life. And if you do go out, choose a place that has good authentic made from scratch menu items. Be choosy about it.

It takes cooking to be able to inspire oneself in the kitchen. I hope you enjoy my blog and will come to see that eating this way is a step in the right direction. Nourish your body and soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment