Saturday, March 3, 2012

Under Any Circumstances Find Comfort In The Food You Eat

I had a split shift yesterday. I worked 7am to 12noon and went back at 6pm scheduled to 11pm but I left at 9. They were very generous and got us pizzas to make everyone comfortable. I made sure I ate well before I got there and wasn't one bit hungry but let me tell you when those pizza boxes arrived and the aroma filled the room, it got pretty hard on me. By now everyone knows what I'm doing and probably thinks I'm nuts, I'm sure.
Under normal circumstances, living on a budget, and working a job like this, I would partake without a thought to it. Though, I'm not big on eating out, there are no chain restaurants in Ketchum, so all the food brought in is from a local business and some I know are particularly good. I have to say, it's not a painful denial of not having some good food, because I try to put it aside and not think about it and make sure I eat well by bringing in good lunches for myself.
Like I said in a previous blog, they really like to talk about food here. So I hear a lot of what's being eaten, and I look at this as an inspiration for meals I can create at home for myself.
I love food and I love to cook and I love to eat. And the more good stuff I can create at home on this budget, hopefully, I can inspire others to make the best of their choices in the store and resources available. Simple things for lunch really can be decadent. Egg salad and tuna salad sandwiches, even a good old PB&J, or one of my very favorites a fried egg sandwich can be one of the most delicious and satisfying foods to eat. Cooking for myself is a labor of love, a nurturing act and ultimately a pleasure of hunger satisfied. A full belly from lunch, when work is tedious and stressful has to be, it just absolutely has to be comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment