Friday, April 20, 2012

A Taste for Something Very Particular

Last week, as is the usual plan, our office order from a local restaurant. There were "Melts" on the menu. Wow, a melt was just what I was in the mood for, a Tuna Melt fresh off the grill - melted cheese, toasted buttery bread.

I laughed inside when I opened my box. I wished I had made it myself. The toast was dry "toasted" and the tuna spread on the toast with the cheese on top "melted" in a salamander. Once I took a bite, I craved my own version. It is nice to have this weekly lunch meeting, and get to order from one of the many local establishments - I appreciate it very much and look forward to it with all of my co-workers. And as with lots of things in life, You Can't Always Get What You Want, but sometimes you get what you need. I ate it - it was lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment