Sunday, April 22, 2012

Week 14

Week 14
4/22/12

Potatoes 1.43
Tangelos 1.40
Tomatoes 1.32
Lettuce, gr. leaf 1.19
Eggs .99
Bread 1.99
Milk 1.99
Bananas .87
Apples 1.95
Stew meat 3.58
Ground beef 4.01
Green chiles .68
Yogurt, plain 2.59
Total 23.99

I shopped on Friday after the vet. I thought I'd go during the week to get produce but had to get home and check on Duke.

The weather is warming up and I love anything on top of a bed of greens - one of my all time favorites. I don't use much in the way of dressing, just a splash of vinegar, salt and pepper and sometimes a splash of veg oil. And a huge bowl - most likely I'll be going for more lettuce in a couple of days to refresh my lettuce supply.

I got bread, as I do once in a while. At the moment, there are not enough hours in the day. Gardening is a big chore. As well as just plain living that takes up time, I chose not to spend much time cooking this weekend and be outside - it's gorgeous!

My sweet tooth needs a fix so I'll have to stop and get some chocolate chips in bulk. I have a terrible sweet tooth - and chocolate fixes lots of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment