Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Yep, I felt blah. Energy-less. Not motivated. Blue, but not dark blue. So, I made lentils. I have written about lentils before. They are, absolutely, my all time favorite economical and tasty meal. Extremely nutritious, lentils contain high levels of protein and are a good source of iron. Along with, fiber, folate, B1 and minerals. Lentils are a legume that grows in a pod with 2 seeds. Fully the most nutritious meal for the money.

Make sure to rinse lentils well, remove any debris that floats or little rocks.

Cooking for myself, I cook a cup of lentil in 2-3 cups water. I like to cook them on a low flame for about 20- 30 minutes before I add anything else. After that I will add about 1/2 cup of onion, a chicken bouillon cube and maybe some sliced carrots. I happen to like mine thick, not too soupy, but definitely watch the liquid because lentils cook quick and will absorb the liquid in no time, so make sure to add a little or a lot according to your liking. Cooking time is about 40 minutes, I like mine soft. I poured them over brown rice and seasoned with some Spike. Then I took a nap and felt much better.
Tasty. Hearty. Nutritious. Like an old friend, lentils are always in my cupboard when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment