Saturday, April 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Love

My girlfriend Shawna just posted on Facebook, Peanut Butter and Butter. I happen to love this, as a kid I would never eat peanut butter and jelly, it had to be butter. In my Snoopy lunch box, with grape juice in my thermos. On a road trip. To this day, I love it. There is something about the butter that is creamy and does something to the texture of the peanut butter to make it perfectly smooth and greasy and not at all sweet. It's the goopy good stuff...

In high school, the cafeteria offered peanut butter fluff sandwiches for free, if you didn't have a lunch. And to this day, when I need my fix, I have to have my peanut butter fluff sandwich, sometimes just with a spoon and both jars on the counter.

Now there are all kinds of 'butters' available. I happen to like almond, cashew is alright and let's not forget Nutella. Dear, God, let's not forget Nutella. Ahh, but this is a different story all together.

I have recently, the past few nights after dinner gone to the cupboard and broke off a piece of dark chocolate and scooped the peanut butter right out of the jar, just like the old commercials. It's just perfect, absolutely perfectly goopy and good...

No comments:

Post a Comment