Sunday, April 17, 2011

Buy A Cooler

I have different size coolers: a small one, a medium sized one and small insulated ones I use for lunch. When I was a figure skater it was common to see skaters that skated the early morning sessions carrying their coolers and their skates on a wooden rack into the ice rink at 5:15 in the morning. I took juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, turkey burgers, leftovers, salads and usually a thermos of tea. Working in an office, I always take my lunch, most often its leftovers of pasta or a sandwich, fresh fruit and something I baked, cookies or a sweet bread.

There is a feeling of self-sufficiency knowing that my food for the day is there. It has already been thought about, so all I have to do is take the time to eat it, when the time comes.

I love to take my own food when I go places. When I take a long hike or a road trip, I have a cooler that fits right in the back seat on the floor as if it were always meant to be there. And I love that it's there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment