Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rock On April!!!!

I honestly did not say this, my brother did...But SPRING is here in Hailey, Idaho. I love these mountains but spring is an unpredictable time of year. It's worth it's weight in gold because spring always leads to summer. Oh, it may snow overnight, only to melt by 10am. Most of the big snow has melted in the yard and I can see little green sprouts coming up, the first hearty ones. To live here and grow here you have to be hearty. This is not the place for the feint of heart and the high maintenance, because the weather will get you every time. This winter was one of the coldest I have ever experienced, many a time it was well below zero. Two layers of clothes on the bottom and four to five on top. Hot water bottles, heating pads, 6 thick blankets on my bed. Many a time I had to shovel snow from my door to the car 2 or 3 times a day. I often opened the front door and the snow was so high that it took a couple of good shoves before I could get out. Cabin fever...don't get me started! But the change of seasons is happening as it is everywhere (I hope), and with great relief I can feel the sun on my face and the warmth in the air. There is a certain smell in the air from the river that will come soon and that I love the most. Rock on April!

No comments:

Post a Comment