Friday, May 6, 2011

Chocolate Malt-O-Meal

One of my all time favorite things is to have Chocolate Malt-O-Meal, made decadently, like a pudding. I use evaporated milk and sugar, a good dollop of marshmallow fluff right down the center, pour it into a bowl and let it cool to just right. This is one of my most favorite, favorite things to eat. I was very disappointed as the markets I shopped in L.A. stopped carrying it. Wal-Mart had been the only store where I could find it, and then it disappeared from there, also. I was almost to the point where I would have to buy it online, http://www.mybrandsinc.com/, is offered on the M-O-M site, or Amazon.com, but my local market, Atkinson's in Hailey, carries it. When I saw it, as I was buying oatmeal, I was overcome with joy...I know weird and a bit obsessed. Hey, I love the stuff, I never have it for breakfast as it is one of those - after a long ass-day, I'm tired and I need something comforting, in my pj's watching tv or a movie - type of good feeling special things. It's comfort food - my own special thing. It's so strange but when I have this, I feel so special, it's like nothing else...I know I can see eyebrows lifting, totally weird girl here. It's just a very special moment...

If you want to try it, make it using the directions on the box, except use evaporated milk or whole milk. Sweeten with sugar while still stirring in the pan, add more milk to get your own desired thickness. Pour into a bowl and add marshmallows or marshmallow fluff while it's hot. Cool to lukewarm and enjoy, it's heavenly; no it's damn good...

No comments:

Post a Comment