Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Ode to Erma

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" Erma Bombeck
Erma, yes we are on a first name basis, is one of my heroes. She was wit and wisdom of the best recipe ever created. I got through my divorce reading her books, one after another, relishing each one and sometimes reading it over again. Her humor has got me through many a time of adversity. She was the mother of all mothers.

"Mothers are not the nameless, faceless stereotypes who appear once a year on a greeting card with their virtues set to prose, but women who have been dealt a hand for life and play each card one at a time the best way they know how. No mother is all good or all bad, all laughing or all serious, all loving or all angry. Ambivalence rushes through their veins." EB

I've let go of what I was,

I accept myself for who I am today-
I continue to become who I am meant to be!

Happy Mother's Day to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment