Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Potato Salad Supper

I ate eggplant parm for dinner last night. Then I ate it for breakfast and I just finished it off for lunch. Ok, done with eggplant parm....it was so friggin good. Done. I have some potatoes on the stove cooking for potato salad. (Almost forgot about 'em, too!)

I make my potato salad very simple:
Peel, cut and boil the potatoes, drain and cool for a few minutes. Add just enough mayo to cover them, mix well. Chop some green onions and mix in. Next add about half a cup of sliced black olives. A chopped hard-boiled egg or two. Another thing I love is bacon crumbles (but not for today). Add salt and pepper to taste.

This is a take on my Auntie Diana's potato salad. I never liked the ones that are yellow and mushy and sweet - and then this one came along at one of our family get togethers, I think it was a birthday because it was warm weather, and I was about 14 and watched her put this together. I have made it this way my whole life.

I am going to eat this with some mixed greens tossed in vinaigrette and a sliced tomato. Maybe some bread, too. Lovely dinner. I can't wait. Thank-you, A. Diana and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Next picnic we go to I will try this salad ( I seem to always get told to bring a salad)
    I like the sounds of your aunts recipe.
    The Eggplant Parm sounds yummy too,its been a really long time since I had eggplant parm.
    The rural area that I live in,we dont even have eggplant in the stores.
    Next time I am in a bigger city I will have to see if I can remember to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!
    I forgot to say that I love the pic of the white bleeding heart at the top of your page.
    I love bleeding hearts,we had them growing by our front porch back at the old homestead when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Prairie Rose, I was calling them lady's slipper, but bleeding heart is exactly what they look like. Thank-you so much for reading and for your support! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete