Monday, June 28, 2010

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

I really like these, they are kind of addictive and so friggin good for you it's ridiculous.
You can use canned beans, rinse and dry them with paper towels. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the beans in some olive oil and spread onto a baking sheet. I like to do the baking part first and then season while they are hot. It takes a while to get them toasted and crisp. The first time I did it I went by a recipe that said it would take 30 minutes. It ended up taking a good 45 minutes. Every 10 minutes or so you need to shake them around in the pan. For seasoning I like plain salt or seasoned salt while they are still hot in the pan. They should be lightly crisp and crunchy. You can literally use any seasoning to your liking; I have used Indian spices - cumin and coriander - really good. Also, onion powder or garlic salt. I can eat the whole can in one sitting and my saving grace is that they are so good for you I just let myself eat them - no worries. These are not as different as they sound at first, it does not take much of an acquired taste, if you like corn nuts you will most likely enjoy these.

1 comment:

  1. I just love garbanzo beans!
    I love them crunchy or non-crunchy.
    I love them on salads.
    But,I have to say my favorite thing to do with a garbanzo bean is to make it into Hummus.
    OMG,do I love Hummus.
    I could eat it every day.
    But,Hubby isnt a huge fan of my breath when I do......

    ReplyDelete